BCCI president Ganguly says IPL 2021 will go forward as planned

IPL2021

Soon after the Maharashtra government announced a weekend lockdown in order to control the spread of COVID-19 in the state, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly said the IPL 2021 will take place as scheduled. Amongst a handful of venues, the Wankhede Stadium is set to host matches this season. The rise in COVID cases across the nations and amongst the cricketing world has put IPL 2021 in doubt. The BCCI is currently in a whirlwind as staff members and players like DC’s Axar Patel and RCB’s Devdutt Padikkal have been tested positive for the coronavirus. It is being said to tackle any shortcomings Indore and Hyderabad are kept on standby to host the opener of IPL 2021. TOI had quoted a senior BCCI official saying that it is too late to move the matches out of Mumbai. As of now the members of the organizing team are kept in a separate bubble and the players are placed inside a stricter bubble. The individual also had said having Hyderabad as a backup is not feasible at this stage as it would be very difficult to move everyone in a week. Last week’s news of Axar Patel and Devdutt Padikkal testing positive created quite the huge stir. Both the players are set to miss their respective teams’ first game. IPL 2021 will kickstart on April 9 with Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore locking horns in the season opener game at Chennai.

Be the first to comment on "BCCI president Ganguly says IPL 2021 will go forward as planned"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.